Sunday, December 19, 2010

Of curtains

Our day started off with a trip to Target. Our primary reason was Christmas shopping, but there were several other things I was wanting to look at too.

I came away with a dish rack for the kitchen sink (I am so happy to have a double sink again!) and some sheers and curtains. I think the sheers are going to work out. I got four panels for the large window in the family room. They are that "crinkle" look, which works perfect with the window scarf that also is that crinkle look. I've had it forever and wanted to hang there too anyway. I also tried a tie shade for the bathroom (that will be returned, it looked awful and isn't really functional) and curtains for the master bedroom (too short, will also be returned).

My mom did have four lace panels for me. She thought they were 63" but I'm pretty sure they are 72". Anyway, I hung them up in the master bedroom and think they look pretty, but it is perhaps a bit too feminine for M's tastes. They will stay until I can find something I like better.

Actually they will have to come back down in the next couple days. The master bedroom definitely needs a second coat, or at least some heavy touch-up; there is too much yellow showing through. On the other hand, E's room is looking good enough that I took the tape off and decided that one coat was enough. Later I did see some little spots were the pink shows through just a little, but I'm not going to bother worrying about it. Furniture will probably cover it up anyway, and you have to be really close up to see it. The weak spots in the master bedroom are much more obvious.

We did get a few boxes moved over and put away. We brought the empty boxes back and my boss had some book boxes for us, so I already have several packed up and ready to go over again.

Too be honest, I'm getting a little nervous about the packing. Sometimes I think it will be no big deal and other times I think that this is going to take forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment