Monday, December 20, 2010

A little more paint and a few more boxes

I went over to the house this morning to do some touch-up on the master bedroom walls. It only too me about half an hour or so and I took care of the glaringly obvious thin spots. Or so I think. I went back this evening and it looked pretty good. Dad thought so too.

Mom and Dad came down with the truck. They brought a second-hand entertainment center for the basement family room.

We moved some more boxes over, I hung a few things on the wall although I'm not sure if they will stay or not. The baker's rack and all three bookcases and their contents were moved.

I brought the Christmas tree over. I'm not sure yet whether I'm going to put it up or not.

Earlier in the day we met with the Culligan guy. The water softener in the house has been rented since 2002. We were told we could keep up the rental or look into a different system. We know we need the softener. It is city water just like we have here, and if we don't use a product called Lemishine in our dishwasher, everything will come out white. We have extremely hard water here. It isn't iron so much, but it is definitely lime! I was also interested in a drinking water filtration system. Except after hearing all our options I'm not really sure what to do other than that I know continuing to rent is not a good option for long-term.

The other thing that is frustrating is that I went downstairs with Dad and M for the first time since we got the keys and did some looking around. The filter in the furnace needed replaced, which is no big deal, but I'm wondering why there were three dirty ones still sitting downstairs? Also, although there were empty salt bags by the water softener, there was no salt in it and my dad claims that there couldn't have been any salt in it for the last few months at least!

I kind of know about some of the circumstances the sellers had with needing to get out of that house and some tough stuff there family has been through lately, so I don't want to be too critical. On the other hand, I do find it frustrating that recently some of the things hadn't been as maintained as they maybe should have been and that so much stuff and a lot of trash was left behind. I can't complain about dust though. I did say I would rather have the keys a few days earlier than wait for the cleaning to get done. If you know a good way to remove frozen rotting pumpkins that have been left on the porch let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment